Monday, June 8, 2009

Event Fundraiser & Wish List

As I prepare to go to Ethiopia, I have to raise around $3000 to cover what I can't afford out of my own pocket (the trip in total is NZ$5100). Sooo, I am having a fundraiser on the 4th of July. My friend Soane is putting together the tickets for me (so watch this space!), but the plans are that I am having a function at 42a Lambie Dr on the 4th of July.
Its an international theme night with a variety of music (anyone want to bring some jams?) and also some food. There will be three menus (Italian, Mexican and Island) and the ticket price will include the feed!
It's just $15 and will start at 7pm and finish around 9pm. I will let you know more details this week!
My other fundraiser is a raffle that is being drawn on the 4th of July. There are three prizes that have generously been donated from Pacific Grace Jewelry .
1st prize is a $100 voucher,
2nd prize is $60 voucher and the
3rd prize is a $40 voucher of any jewelry from the Pacific Grace range.
(I am not usually a fan of raffles as they go against my values of anti-gambling, but if you just see your donation as giving to my cause, the prize is just a bonus!) So please support me.
While I am in the mood, i thought I would also let you know my wish list. These are items that I need to take with me that I don't have yet.
1. Video camera! If anyone has one that I could borrow, please let me know.
2. Still camera.
3. Shoes for the street kids.
4. Material for the ladies to give them material to make their own clothes.
5. Suitcase!
6. Food for the 4th of July. I'll need mince and cheese that would go into our menus. If anyone can help to donate these items, that would really help to drop my expenses =)
7. Other items like drinks, serviettes, plastic forks, decorations.
Let me know if you can help and want to support. Become a follower on my page too so you can follow along my journey to Ethiopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment